« Recipes Home
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled, deveined, and butterflied
- ¼ cup blackening seasoning (store-bought or see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted in a shallow bowl
For Blackening Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Meanwhile, combine the blackening seasoning and the salt in a shallow bowl and set aside.
Dip the shrimp in the butter, shaking off any excess before dredging the shrimp in the blackening seasoning. Place a batch of shrimp on the hot skillet and cook each side for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until the meat turns opaque. Butterflied shrimp cook very quickly, so watch them. Blacken all the shrimp and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.