« Recipes Home
Blue Crab Remoulade
Blue Crab Remoulade is a simple, elegant dish that can be served in a hollowed-out Maryland tomato, a bell pepper, or a split avocado.
- 1 pound fresh backfin crab meat
- ¼ cup tarragon-flavored wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1/3 cup shredded garden zucchini
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Combine the vinegar, mustard, horseradish and spices in a small mixing bowl. Dribble the oil into the mixture while beating it all together with an electric mixer, so that the oil emulsifies with the mustard and vinegar. Stir in the minced and shredded vegetables.
Carefully pick through the crab meat to remove any overlooked cartilage. Gently incorporate the crab meat into the mixture, being careful not to break up the lumps of crab.