« Recipes Home
Cape Charles Crab Imperial
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pimientos, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared English mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 whole raw eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 pounds jumbo lump crab meat
- Old Bay seasoning
Mix together first eight ingredients. Add crab and toss very lightly making certain that the lumps of crab are not broken, but the meat is covered with sauce.
Divide mixture into 12 shells or ramekins, heaping it lightly. Coat the top with a little mayonnaise; sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning.
Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot or cold.
Yields 12 servings.