« Recipes Home
- 5 1/3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2/3 cup dry vermouth
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 3 lightly beaten egg yolks
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- ½ pound phyllo, thawed
- melted unsalted butter (appox. 1 stick)
- parsley sprigs and lemon slices to garnish
Melt 1/3 cup butter in saute pan, add shallots and cook till soft and golden.
Add vermouth and boil till reduced to approximately ½ cup.
Add cream cheese, parsley, Old Bay Seasoning and cream. Remove from heat. Add egg yolks, stir until smooth and fold in crab meat. Let cool.
Unwrap phyllo and keep covered with a slightly damp cloth. Place a sheet of phyllo on the work surface, brush well with melted butter, cover with a second sheet and brush with butter again.
Cut into 5 strips approximately 3 inches wide. Place a heaping teaspoon of crab mixture on the bottom center of the first strip about an inch or so from the end. Fold a corner across the filling and fold as if folding a flag. Do not fold too tightly, as the filling expands a little.
Place triangles on a buttered cookie sheet and brush the tops with butter, continuing until all the filling is used.
Triangles can be refrigerated for a day before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and hot. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs. Serve hot.