« Recipes Home
Corn Pudding Casserole
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, plus ¼ cup melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups corn bread, crumbled
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 degrees.
Butter the sides of a 2-quart casserole dish with the 1 tablespoon softened butter.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper, cilantro, and corn. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with the corn bread crumbs and pour the ¼ cup melted butter over the crumbs. Carefully pour in the egg mixture.
Place the casserole in a deep roasting pan and in the oven. Pour hot water into the roasting pan until it reaches about halfway up the side of casserole dish. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the corn pudding begins to set.
Carefully remove the casserole from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Makes 4 servings.