« Recipes Home
Crab Bisque Chincoteague
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sharp yellow cheese
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Black Wye River seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pound backfin lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 pint whipping cream
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnish
Melt butter in a heavy 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux. Slowly add milk until it is well blended. Stirring constantly, add cheese and cook until mixture thickens.
Reduce heat, add sherry, cream and parsley. When mixture is thoroughly heated, add crab meat, stirring gently to keep lumps intact.
Serve immediately in warmed bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley.