« Recipes Home
Crab, Broccoli and Macaroni Salad
This recipe was the 3rd place winner of the Crab Cooking Contest, Cold Plate Division, in Crisfield, MD.
Credited to Polly Lohmeyer of Crisfield, MD.
- 4 ounces of medium shell macaroni, uncooked
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup of chopped green onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of white wine or Chablis
- ¼ cup of skim milk
- ¾ teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of dried dill weed
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, seeded and cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ pound of fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 pound of jumbo lump crabmeat, less if desired
Cook macaroni as directed. Drain.
Coat a large non-stick skilled with cooking spray, place over medium heat until hot. Add onions, garlic and peppers. Saute until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Melt margarine in skillet and add flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk, basil and dill weed. Add onion mixture, peppers, broccoli and crab meat to sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Combine pasta and broccoli mixture. Mix gently. Garnish with fresh basil sprig, dust paprika across top of salad. Chill and serve with crackers.