« Recipes Home
Crab Meat Alfredo
This dish may be served as an entree or an appetizer.
- 4 pounds jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 4 red peppers, cut julienne
- 2 ounces clarified butter
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2½ pounds egg-cheese tortellini
- 2½ pounds spinach-cheese tortellini
- 3 to 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Sauté crab meat, garlic and peppers in butter for 30 to 45 seconds.
Add heavy cream, allow to heat through. Once cream is hot, add tortellinis and allow to heat through. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and stir in gently. Let cream and cheese blend to thicken.
Sprinkle in scallions for color. Flavor with salt and pepper.
Serves about 40 5-ounce portions.