« Recipes Home
Crab Meat Cantaloupe Salad
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 12 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 medium unpeeled cucumber, scored and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
Combine first six ingredients. Stir well. Cover and chill.
Arrange ¾ cup alfalfa sprouts and three lettuce leaves on each of four serving plates. Spoon crab meat evenly over lettuce leaves. Arrange cucumber and strawberries over alfalfa sprouts. Arrange cantaloupe slices evenly down center of each plate.
Serve salad with chilled yogurt mixture.
Yields 4 servings.