« Recipes Home
Herb Crab Creole
This recipe was the 2nd Place winner of the 1979 Crab Cooking Contest in Crisfield, MD.
Credited to Bill Oransky of Richboro, PA.
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of jumbo lump crab meat
- 1½ cup tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing
- 4 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- ½ cup boiling water
In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add green pepper and onion. Sauté until tender.
Blend flour, mustard, milk, and cheese stirring constantly until cheese melts and sauce is thick. Stir in crab meat, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Pour into buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
Combine stuffing, melted butter and water. Form stuffing into balls and arrange on top of crab meat mixture. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.