« Recipes Home
Maryland Crab-Corn Stew
This colorful stew with corn, tomato and green pepper makes a lovely luncheon entree.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- few drops hot sauce
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Put onion, potatoes, water, oregano, salt and white pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook slowly, covered, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Mix in crab meat, corn, tomato, green pepper and hot sauce. Continue cooking 5 minutes. Add half and half and parsley. Leave over low heat long enough to heat through.