« Recipes Home
This recipe was the 5th Place Winner in the 1973 National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield, MD.
Credited to Mr. H. E. Parsons, Sr. of Salisbury, MD.
- 2 tablespoons oleo or butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Half & Half cream
- ¾ teaspoon lemon-parsley salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cup backfin crab meat
- 2 hard cooked eggs (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Miracle Whip or salad dressing
- patty shells
Add flour to the melted oleo or butter and mix well. Add Half & Half, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened.
Remove from heat and mix in the lemon-parsley salt, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Continue to mix as the crab meat and the eggs are added. Mix well.
Fill patty shells. Top with a bit of Miracle Whip and a dash of paprika. Place on a cookie sheet in preheated oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.