« Recipes Home
This salad is delicious as a base for other salads. Toss a cup of potato salad with ½ cup of chopped lobster, crab, or shrimp.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 baked potatoes, diced into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
In a small skillet, cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
Transfer the onions to a large bowl. Combine with the potatoes and remaining ingredients and mix gently until the potatoes are well coated.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings.