« Recipes Home
Crab Meat Royale
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms or 1 4-ounce can, drained
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated cheese for topping
In a large frying pan, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes. Add onion and cook until onion is tender. Add crab meat, Worcestershire sauce and sherry.
Make a paste of the flour and milk. Add to crab meat mixture and cook until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper.
Put mixture into baking dish or individual shells or ramekins. Sprinkle grated cheese over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly.
Makes 6 servings, about ½ cup each.