« Recipes Home
Eastern Shore Crab Imperial
Recipe provided by Kim Dwyer, Glidden, WI.
- 1-1½ cup bread crumbs, preferably hand-crumbled
- 6-7 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼-1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. Jumbo Lump or Backfin crab meat
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
Melt 1-2 tbsp. butter or margarine and soak bread crumbs. Set aside.
Melt 5 tbsp. butter or margarine in sauce pan. Add flour and stir. Add canned milk, Old Bay and salt and pepper to taste. Continue stirring until thickened.
Mix together crab meat, mustard, and mayonnaise. Fold sauce into crab mixture and pour into a greased 9-inch glass baking dish. Top with bread crumb mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Makes 9 3x3-inch servings or 6 3x4½-inch servings