« Recipes Home
Charlese's Cream of Crab
This recipe was the Grand Prize Winner of the 53rd Annual National Hard Crab Derby held in Crisfield, MD.
Credited to Ms. Charlese Smith.
- 1 lb. Maryland jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2-3 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- half of a stick of butter
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart of half and half
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pint of milk
Bring milk, half and half, and heavy whipping cream to a boil. Add crab meat, fresh parsley, Old Bay seasoning, butter, salt and pepper.
When it starts to boil, make a paste of cornstarch and water to thicken soup.