« Recipes Home
- ¾ pounds spaghetti
- 1½ tablespoon minced roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1½ tablespoons black olive paste
- 1½ teaspoon Anchovies paste
- 28 ounces canned whole tomatoes and the liquid, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pound backfin crabmeat
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper or pepper flakes
- 2 roughly chopped kalamata olives
- 4 whole parsley leaves as garnish, optional
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Spaghetti usually takes about 7 to 10 minutes. When the pasta is tender, drain it well.
In a large sauce pot over medium low heat, sauté the garlic, capers, olive paste, and anchovy paste for about 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook the sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the sauce does not stick. Toss in the crabmeat and cook for another 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and add the spaghetti and red pepper. Gently toss everything together until well combined.
Transfer the Crab Puttanesca directly from the pot onto four warmed plates and top with chopped olives and parsley leaves. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 Servings.