« Recipes Home
A crab meat with tangy sauce and bacon crab appetizer recipe
Adapted from the Maryland Seafood Cookbook.
This excellent recipe gets added zest when topped with bacon. Enjoy.
- ½ pound backfin crab meat
- ¼ cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- ¼ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
Pack the crab meat into 40 cleaned little neck clam shells.
In a small bowl, mix together the next seven ingredients.
Spoon about 2/3 teaspoon of sauce over each hors d'oeuvre, covering all the crab meat. Sprinkle each with parsley and bread crumbs. Top with the bacon.
Place under apreheated broiler and broil until the bacon is crisp.
Yields 40 Servings.