« Recipes Home
Crab Supreme Tarts
An understated backfin crab meat crab tart recipe
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon Season-all
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hard cooked eggs (chopped)
- ¾ to 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 4-6 tart shells (depending on size)
Pick over the crab meat and remove any shell.
Sprinkle lemon juice over the crab meat and let stand while preparing the remaining
Combine the celery, Season-all, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and chopped egg with the
mayonnaise and mix with the crab meat.
Put the mixture into the tart shells and cover with the buttered bread crumbs.
Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until crumbs are nicely browned. Serve hot.