« Recipes Home
This recipe was the Grand Prize Winner in the 1989 Crab Cooking Contest in Crisfield, MD.
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick butter, lightly salted
- 1 to 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ or less cups white wine
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- pinch of salt
In a large skillet, over high heat, saute mushrooms, green onions, and garlic in butter. Add wine and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream and reduce 2 to 3 minutes.
Add crab meat, salt, and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes.
Serve over fettucine as a main dish or over buttered toast as an appetizer.