« Recipes Home
Deep-Dish Crab Pie
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup ½-inch slices green onions
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 unbaked pie shell in 10-inch quiche pan
- 1 can (13 ounces) evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
In medium-size skillet, cook carrot in butter until tender. Add onions, dill weed and basil. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in crab meat. Spoon into shell.
Beat remaining ingredients. Pour over crab mixture. Bake on bottom rack of preheated 325 degree oven 50 to 55 minutes until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes.