« Recipes Home
Eastport Baked Crab
A baked backfin crab meat and cheddar cheese crab casserole recipe
As lovely as it is good to eat.
We love the simple elegance of this dish. Try it with a lightly chilled Sauterne wine. It
has just the right amount of flavor to balance the meal.
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 1 1/3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Combine the crab meat, celery, mayonnaise, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce and
Place the crab meat mixture into a well-greased 2-quart casserole.
Combine the bread crumbs and the cheese; sprinkle over the top of the crab mixture.
Bake in a moderate oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and
the crumbs are lightly browned.