« Recipes Home
Easy Crab Quiche
This recipe was First Place Winner of the 2000 Crab Cooking Contest in Crisfield, MD.
Credited to Roberta Willis of Crisfield, MD.
- 1 pound of Special crab meat or claw meat
- ¼ pound of sliced bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- ¼ pound of swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups Half & Half
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- pinch of parsley and garlic powder
- dash of ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook bacon until crisp. Layer cheese, crab and most of bacon in pie shell.
In bowl beat eggs, Half & Half and spices. Pour in pie crust, bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 20.
Garnish wih remaining bacon. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.