« Recipes Home
Hearty Crab Soup
This recipe is easily doubled. Serve with soda bread or dark pumpernickel and listen to the comments. Wonderful!
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cups diced potatoes
- 1 1-pound can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon flour (mixed with 1/3 cup water to thicken)
- 1 pound Maryland special crab meat
Put water in large pot and bring to boil. Add all ingredients except crab meat and flour mixture. Bring to boil then simmer 1½ hours. Thicken with flour mixture. Add crab meat, simmer ½ hour.
Yields 1½ quarts.