« Recipes Home
Rustic Tomato Soup with Crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped, about ½ cup
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes and the liquid
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 pinch finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 pinch finely chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 3 turns of a peppermill of freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ pounds backfin crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
In a large stockpot over medium-high heat sauté the onions and red pepper in olive oil until the onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
Reduce heat and add the crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock, oregano, marjoram, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Cook the soup for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season to taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a mound of crabmeat.
Makes 4 Servings.