« Recipes Home
Charlotte's Deviled Crabs
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 4 slices bread soaked in cream
- ½ cup cracker meal
- 2 Tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 stalks celery
- ½ green pepper
- 1 small onion
- salt and pepper
Mix crab meat, bread, cracker meal and salad dressing. Add mustard, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces.
Dice celery, green pepper and onion and add to crab meat mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place in crab shells or in individual baking dishes and sprinkle with paprika.
Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes in 325 degree oven.