« Recipes Home
Crab Cheese Ball
A crab meat, cheese and pecan crab cheese ball recipe
- 1 8-ounce jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 strip green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- chopped pecans
Mix together thoroughly the Cheez Whiz and the cream cheese.
Blend in the butter, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and Old Bay.
Add the onion, celery, green pepper, horseradish, salt and the juice of half the lemon.
Gently fold in the crab meat.
Press the mixture into the shape of a ball and roll in the chopped pecans. Refrigerate.
Serve with crackers.