« Recipes Home
Mike's Sauteed Softshell Crabs
- 6 prime softshell crabs, cleaned and rinsed
- unbleached white flour for dredging
- ¼cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- lemon wedges for garnish
Dredge each crab in flour, shake off excess and set aside.
In a skillet large enough to accommodate all six crabs, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add hot pepper oil, soy sauce, ginger and scallions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Turn heat up and add crabs. Saute 5 minutes or until crisp and reddish brown on both sides.
Place crabs and scallions on a serving platter. Turn heat up and let liquids in skillet come to a boil. Pour sauce over crabs and scallions. Serve hot, garnished with lemon wedges.