« Recipes Home
Petite Crab Wedges
A backfin or lump crab meat and Old Bay crab appetizer recipe
Credited to Dorothy J. Moon of Oakland, MD
This recipe was the 2nd Place Appetizer Division Winner of the 1992 Crab Cooking Contest in Crisfield, MD.
- 2 8-oz. cans crescent dinner rolls
- ½ lb. fresh backfin or lump crabmeat, cartilage removed
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped green peppers
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. or just a sprinkle black pepper
- ½ c. thick white sauce
Cut each roll in half, making 32 triangles.
Combine all ingredients, mix well.
Fill each triangle with one tsp. of the mixture. Fold the triangles. Moisten their edges
and secure by pressing them together with a fork. Arrange the filled triangles on a cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
Serve plain, with cocktail sauce or assorted dips.