« Recipes Home
This recipe was the 2nd Place Winner of the 1992 Crab Cooking Contest, Main Dish Division, in Crisfield, MD.
Credited to Jo Dryden of Newark, DE.
- 1 poud backfin or special crab meat
- ½ poud steamed, peeled, and chopped shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- ½ cup each, red and green peppers, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 can (1 lb. 12 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon catsup
- 2 teaspoon sugar
In a 6 qt. dutch oven, saute in margarine the onion, celery, green and red pepper, and garlic. Add all remaining ingredients except for crab and shrimp. Add 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the remaining 2 ingredients and continue to cook for fifteen minutes. Optional: Add ½ cup dry white wine with the crab and shrimp.
Serve on platter surrounded by cooked white rice. Recipe stretches to serve several and is complimented with a loaf of crusty French bread and butter.