« Recipes Home
Annie's Hostess Crab Delight
This recipe first appeared in The Official Crab Eater's Guide.
Created by Annie Hendricks of Alexandria, VA.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped pimiento
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated sharp cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Gently combine all ingredients. Place in a buttered 8 x 11-inch baking pan. Bake 35 to 45 minutes at 325 degrees.
Cut into squares and serve with Shrimp Sauce:
- 2 cans of cream of shrimp soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup shrimp, cooked and cut up
To make Shrimp Sauce, blend all ingredients and warm slowly over low heat, preferably in an iron skillet. Do not boil.
Serves 8 to 10.