« Recipes Home
Bayside Deviled Crab
Add a few herbs to the crumb topping for a flavorful touch. Goes well with broccoli and fruit salad.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops liquid hot pepper sauce
- dash pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pound special crab meat
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs, with chopped herbs (thyme, dill, savory)
Cook onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour. Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
Add lemon juice and seasonings.
Stir a little of the hot sauce into the egg. Add to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
Add parsley and crab meat, blend well. Place in six well-greased individual shells or 5-ounce custard cups.
Combine butter and crumbs, sprinkle over top of each shell. Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.