« Recipes Home
Crab Meat Mousse
This recipe was the Third Place Winner in the 1981 National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield, MD.
Credited to Betty Lou Hamel of Onancock, VA.
- 2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 1 can of creamed soup (10¾ oz. shrimp, celery, mushroom)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- ½ teaspoon curry
- 4 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin mixed with ½ cup water
Mix the 2 packages of cream cheese and the can of creamed soup together in a saucepan over low heat until well blended. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix together. Put in a greased mold and refrigerate until firm.