« Recipes Home
Gabe's Crab Supreme
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 12 shrimp, steamed and shelled
- 1 can button mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry
Make a cream sauce of 2 tablespoons butter, flour and condensed milk; blend in mustard and 2 tablespoons cheese. Simmer a moment and salt to taste.
Mix a little of the sauce with egg yolk. Stir quickly into sauce. Add 1 tablespoon butter and combine with crab meat, shrimp and mushrooms. Add sherry.
Pour into 1½-quart casserole. Top with cheese and dot with remaining butter. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until well heated and brown on top.