« Recipes Home
Ring of Crab
This recipe took first place honors in the main dish division of the 1998 National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield, Maryland.
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Dash O'Lemon
- 2 8-oz packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except crab meat, then add crab meat.
Unroll crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles on a cookie sheet or pizza pan forming a circle. Make sure there is a circle opening in the middle.
Spoon crab mixture into middle of dough, forming a circle. Fold dough over crab mixture towards middle, pressing down on the dough around circle opening, sealing dough. Make sure crab mixture is covered by dough ring.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. If desired, sprinkle additional cheese on top after ring is removed from oven. Slice into desired thickness.