« Recipes Home
Jenkins Creek Crab Cakes a la Matt
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 slices white bread, crust removed, made into crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- oil for frying
In a medium mixing bowl, place crab, parsley and breadcrumbs. Mix lightly with fingers. Dust the top of the mixture with baking powder and refrigerate.
Mix Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, dry mustard, wine, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Blend in mayonnaise and eggs. Combine the mixtures.
Gently pat into 8 cakes. Pan-fry until golden brown.