« Recipes Home
Joe's Crab Cakes
Washington, D.C. firefighter Joe O'Neil, "Chief of the Kitchen", says the main thing about cooking for firemen is cooking enough. You can double this recipe to make 20 crab cakes.
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 slices fresh bread, crusts removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- oil for frying
Cut bread into small cubes. Combine with other ingredients and form into cakes about 2 inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet in refrigerator until firm.
Fry in half an inch of oil in heavy skillet until golden brown. Turn and brown other side.
Yields about 10 cakes.