« Recipes Home
The Jones' Old Bay Crab Cakes
Adapted from a recipe on a can of Old Bay seasoning.
Contributed by Lois Jones of Crisfield, MD.
- 1 pack of Ritz crackers, 4 ounces
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoon. parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pound lump crab meat
In a large mixing bowl, crush Ritz crackers into fine crumbs. Add milk to moisten.
Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly but gently to keep crab meat intact. Shape into cakes or patties. Fry in vegetable oil on low heat, or broil until golden brown.
Makes 6 4-ounce crab cakes.