« Recipes Home
Ole Virginney Crab Claw Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and sieved
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ pounds crab meat from claws
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Blend butter and flour in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in eggs and lemon rind. Stir in cream and milk alternately, a little at a time. Continue stirring until smooth and slightly thickened.
Add crab meat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and sherry, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with parsley.